No foul play in Kibbe death
A dead man found in a vacant Marysville building last weekend likely died of natural causes and was not the victim of foul play, authorities said Wednesday.
Initial autopsy results indicate Mark Paul Kibbe, 45, of Marysville, died from choking while vomiting, said Yuba County Undersheriff Steve Durfor.
Toxicology tests, which could best explain the circumstances surrounding Kibbe's death, won't be returned from the state for several weeks, he said.
“Any other contributing factors that may be involved ล are further pending,” Durfor said.
According to the Marysville Police Department, a passerby discovered Kibbe around 10:30 a.m. Sunday, lying on his back on a pile of trash inside the building at 12 East 12th St., a former motorcycle shop.
Investigators said it appeared Kibbe had been inside the building - which has open entrances in the back with no doors - since Saturday night.
The building's owner, Ravi Tumber, said earlier this week that he recently purchased the building and a neighboring vacant structure to the west in hopes of cleaning them up and turning them into another business.
He said the tenants who ran the motorcycle shop cleared out the building and closed down their business recently, but Tumber said he wasn't aware of the building's lack of doors until sometime last week.
Appeal-Democrat reporter Daniel Thigpen can be reached at 749-4713. You may e-mail him at email@example.com.