Butte Vista School
- Librarian Molly Cannell is kicking off the Scholastic Book Fair where “Every Reader is a Star!” The book fair runs Monday to Nov. 30. Family night will be Wednesdays from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. with games and prizes.
- Our annual can drive is under way. Students are loading up our collection bins for donations to Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard.
- The annual penny drive created lots of excitement on campus. Students could sabotage other grade levels with paper money. All proceeds will go to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Lincoln Elementary School
- On Wednesday there will be an awards assembly at 10:20 a.m. for the kindergarten classes of Marilyn Perry, Mary Yacavace, Derek Morrison and Jonna Del Fava.
- A meeting for the parents of fifth-graders in preparation for the trip to Shady Creek will be held at 4 p.m. Wednesday in the multipurpose room.
Tierra Buena Elementary School
- Students will have a minimum day on Wednesday. Staff will use this time for evaluation of student progress and curricular planning.
- On Nov. 30 the third-grade students in the classes of Merrylee Bonslett, Belinda Kimerer, Norma Henbree and Bethany Whippo will take a field trip to the Maidu Center.
- On Nov. 29, in cooperation with the Middle Mountain Foundation, the fourth-grade classes of Vicki Miller, Linda Eamer and Alisa Miller will take a field trip to the Sutter Buttes.
CORE at The Camptonville Academy
- On Nov. 17 and 18 CORE students competed in a Math and Science Contest at Winston Churchill Middle School in Carmichael. Connor Hamp was awarded the first place medal in the eighth-grade science contest and Ethyn Fox was awarded sixth place in the number sense contest, a mental math test.
- On Nov. 16 our high school associated student body sponsored a Fun Fall Festival.
- On Nov. 19 our students experienced a time of flying high at SkyZone in Rocklin. Students kindergarten to 12th grade practiced fun and fitness at the Indoor Trampoline Park.
- We are closed through Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday
Classroom Notes listings are compiled from announcements sent to the Appeal-Democrat. Send items to Classroom Notes, Appeal-Democrat, 1530 Ellis Lake Drive, Marysville, CA 95901-4258; fax to 749-8390; email to ADnewsroom@appealdemocrat.com; or use the forms under the Features > Education tab at appealdemocrat.com..