DATABASE: County crop reports
Agriculture has traditionally been – and continues to be – a major economic force throughout the Mid-Valley.
Every year, county agricultural commissioners produce a crop report that is sent to the state Department of Agriculture.
This report includes an inventory of all agricultural production in the county that year, including the types of crops produced, the acreage devoted to production of each crop, and the value for the amount of the crop produced.
"Crops" include, along with plants, livestock, apiary and timber production.
The Appeal-Democrat has collected several years of crop reports from Mid-Valley counties and organized them into a searchable database.
The database is searchable by report year, county, or type of product produced.
- Sutter County records are available for years 1999 to 2011
- Yuba County records are available for years 2003 to 2011
- Colusa County records are available for years 2002 to 2008
- Total value of all crops currently recorded in the database is approximately $7.28 billion.
- Not all crops are produced enough in each county to merit its own section in county crop reports. Also, crops may be labeled by themselves one year in a county and the next year be listed as part of miscellaneous crops.
- Sutter County and Yuba County also offer an archive of crop reports online on their respective Web sites. These reports are downloadable in PDF format. To read PDFs, make sure you have Adobe Reader.
- If you see something that you feel is incorrect, or have additional questions, please contact us.