|Peach Tree Golf and Country Club||2043 Simpson Dantoni Road, Marysville 95901|
Most Viewed Stories
Peach Tree Golf & Country Club
Bob Baldock, who also designed the back nine at Plumas Lake, laid out a fair but challenging course at Peach Tree, the only private course in the area.
An abundance of trees and the rough make keeping the ball in the fairway key, but the length of the course (6,678 from the blues) requires driver a lot.
From the 6,859-yard championship tees, Peach Tree has hosted U.S. Amateur and U.S. Open qualifiers and has the stature of a very competitive championship design. Built over 200 acres of sandy river bottom, the course is also known to drain very well in the rainy season. The bent-grass greens are smooth and fast.
• Address: 2043 Simpson Dantoni Road, Marysville
• Office: (530) 743-1897
• Pro shop: (530) 743-2039
• Course: Private
• Holes: 18
• Par: 72
• Length: Black tees 6,859 yards; blue 6,678; white 6,424; red 5,815; gold 4,982
• Course rating/slope: Men’s black 72.8/127; blue 71.9/126; white 70.7/123; red 68.0/116; gold 64.3/105. Women’s black 78.8/139; blue 77.2/136; white 75.5/131; red 73.4/126; gold 68.6/115.
• Web site: http://peachtreecountryclub.com
• Course record: 61, Buddy Sullivan
• Tournament record: 64
• Course opened: 1960
• General manager: Nate Pomeroy
• Head pro: Pat Gould
• Teaching professionals: Susan Briske, LPGA director of instruction, Carlis Gilbert, PGA Class A professional, Mark Aaker
• Superintendent: Stacy Baker
• Designer: Bob Baldock
• Owners: Members
• Membership: 450
• Signature hole: No. 7, a par 3, the back tee plays at 222 yards over a lake. One of the best par 3s in the state, according to head pro Pat Gould.
• Fairways: Bermuda
• Rough: Bermuda, rye mix
• Greens: bent grass
• Water: Small ponds are in play on three of the 18 holes.
• Rounds per year: 38,000
• Other facilities: Grass-tee driving range, pro shop, snack bar, restaurant, banquet facilities, 20,000-square-foot clubhouse, men’s and women’s locker rooms, Olympic-size pool