Franklin Elementary School
• Both the seventh- and eighth-grade volleyball teams took first place at the volleyball tournament at Yuba City High School this past weekend.
• The Franklin School flag football teams are hosting Barry School today. This is the homecoming game for this season. There will be a pep rally, food and drinks will be served and the school band will play.
Lincoln Elementary School
• Award assemblies for both citizenship and academic performances are scheduled: First-grade students receive their awards at 1:45 today; and the fourth- and fifth-graders are honored at 1:45 p.m. Friday. The kindergarten classes had theirs Wednesday.
• The Purple Ticket Luncheon is also on Friday, where some very special students have lunch with Principal Lisa Shelton.
• The Lincoln School Parent Teacher Club meeting is at 3:30 p.m. Monday in Room 5.
• The hearing van is here Monday to perform student screenings.
• Oct. 5 is also a big day with vision screening, and it is fall picture day.
Butte Vista School
• Kindergarten through fifth grade is having a Character Assembly on Friday. The students are learning about responsibility.
• Teachers are also choosing their Panther Pursuit of Excellence winners for the month.
• The annual Fall Festival is Oct. 19.
Tierra Buena Elementary School
• For the week ending Sept. 21, Linda Eamer's fourth-grade class and Norma Hembree's third-grade class both had perfect attendance.
• The sixth-grade classes of Pattie Keene, Barbara Riggs and Ken Kennedy are having a fundraising Jog-A-Thon Friday.
• The Tierra Buena PTA meeting is at 7 p.m. today.
• On Wednesday, Tierra Buena students will have a minimum day.
Classroom Notes listings are compiled from announcements sent to the Appeal-Democrat. Send items to Classroom Notes, Appeal-Democrat, 1530 Ellis Lake Drive, Marysville, CA 95901-4258; fax to 749-8390; email to ADnewsroom@appealdemocrat.com; or use the forms under the Features > Education tab at appealdemocrat.com.