Tierra Buena Elementary School
• The second-grade students in the classes of Herschel Smith, Jennifer Bartlett, Clair Toth and Lisa Gault attended the Yuba City High School production of "Jack and the Beanstalk" on Tuesday.
• Students in the first-grade classes of Lavena Williams, Twila Rasul, Sara Pitts and Kathy Childers will attend the same production on Friday.
• On Saturday, from noon to 3 p.m. the after-school program Eagle Care will have a car wash and bake sale for Girls on the Run, a program promoting self-esteem in young girls.
• Students in Toth's second-grade class are being recognized for perfect attendance during the week ending Oct. 19.
Lincoln Elementary School
• Students in the first, second, fourth and fifth grades attended the Yuba City High School production of "Jack and the Beanstalk" on Tuesday.
• We had a Purple Ticket Luncheon on Wednesday, where select students ate lunch with the principal.
• The first trimester ends Friday with parent-teacher conferences coming soon.
Franklin Elementary School
• Kindergarten through second-grade classes enjoyed the festivities at the Sutter Union High School Future Farmers of America pumpkin patch. There were many crafts, games and pumpkins for all. The haunted trailer was a big hit.
• Fire safety and prevention was the topic in our kindergarten through third-grade classrooms this past week. Students visited the Sutter Fire Department, where the firemen helped them learn and practice fire safety. Everyone practiced getting out of a burning building and the stop, drop and roll drill.
• The annual talent show "Franklin's Got Talent" was held Oct. 24. Directed by music teacher Obie Leff, a cast of 50 students in grades fourth to eighth performed 40 acts, including dance, vocal and instrumental solos. Eighth-grade cast members Leeann Bozarth, Bethany Clinkenbeard, Kyle DeRee, Haley DeWitt, Landon Garcia-Floyd, Molly Heape and Mia Spain hosted the show.
• Students in Erick Dahl's civics class will debate the California ballot propositions, and students will vote in a school-wide mock election on Tuesday. They will also tour an actual polling place located in the Franklin gym.
Butte Vista School
• Minimum days for kindergarten to 12th grade will be Monday to Nov. 9 for parent-teacher conferences.
• Congratulations to April Sormano's fourth-grade class for placing first in the scarecrow contest.
• A live performance of "Jack and the Beanstalk" at Yuba City High School is the destination of kindergarten to second-grade students.
• Rosine Field's seventh-graders are traveling to the San Francisco Exploratorium for hands-on practice.
Classroom Notes listings are compiled from announcements sent to the Appeal-Democrat. Send items to Classroom Notes, Appeal-Democrat, 1530 Ellis Lake Drive, Marysville, CA 95901-4258; fax to 749-8390; email to ADnewsroom@appealdemocrat.com; or use the forms under the Features > Education tab at appealdemocrat.com.