|Coyote Run Golf Course||17440 Warren Shingle Road, Beale Air Force Base|
Most Viewed Stories
Coyote Run Golf Course
The layout at Coyote Run is pretty straightforward, but at 6,824 yards from the tips and with a 128 slope, the course has some teeth. There are five water hazards on the course. Coyote Run is open to the public and expanded to 18 holes in 1998.
• Address: 17440 Warren Shingle Road, Beale AFB
• Phone: (530) 788-0192
• Course: Military, public
• Holes: 18
• Par: 72
• Length: 6,824 (blue); 6,353 (white); 5,568 (gold), 4,600 (red)
• Course rating/slope: men's blue 73.3/128; white, 70.0/123; gold, 66.6/114; women's white, 71.8/126; women's red, 66.8/112
• Civilian green fees: $25; summer special $20 with cart after noon on weekdays
• Cart fee: $12 per person
• Signature hole: No. 7, par 3, 188 yards over water
• Year opened: 1965; back nine opened: 1998
• General manager/director of golf: Ken Yuson
• Superintendent: Lane Noyes
• Owner: United State Air Force
• Membership: 350
• Designer: 9th Services Squadron & Civil Engineering designed and built the front nine in the mid-1960s. Ron Freehm designed the back, but the Services and Civil Engineering Squadrons also built the added nine holes.
• Fairways and rough: bermuda
• Greens: bent
• Water: Water and natural brush hazard areas come into play on 14 of 18 holes.
• Number of rounds played per year: 30,000
• Other facilities: Grass-tee driving range, practice area, pro shop, course adjacent to base pub.