Butte Vista School
• Students have been working hard preparing for the English Language Arts and math mid-year tests.
• Kindergarten students have been working on reading and writing their numbers and participating in winter activities.
• Sgt. Misnardo Zuniga from the Army's 2668th Transportation Co. in Afghanistan visited Virginia Nevarez's kindergarten class to say thank you for the care package of Halloween candy, games, costumes and silly toys they sent to thank the armed forces. Each student received a special medal.
Lincoln Elementary School
• The third-graders will have a reading assembly at 8:20 a.m. Wednesday.
• The Lincoln School Parent Teacher Club will also meet Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. in Room 5.
• Coming on Feb. 8 is The Wild Wonders Assembly for all the students.
Tierra Buena Elementary School
• The students in Clair Toth's second-grade class and the third-grade classes of Bethany Whippo and Norma Hembree were recognized as having perfect attendance for the week of Jan. 14.
• There will be a number of activities happening in many of the classrooms on Monday to recognize the 100th day of school.
• In honor of Abraham Lincoln's birthday, there will be no school on Feb. 11.
Classroom Notes listings are compiled from announcements sent to the Appeal-Democrat. Send items to Classroom Notes, Appeal-Democrat, 1530 Ellis Lake Drive, Marysville, CA 95901-4258; fax to 749-8390; email to ADnewsroom@appealdemocrat.com; or use the forms under the Features > Education tab at appealdemocrat.com.