Farmers eligible for USDA loans
Tehama County farmers and ranchers are eligible for USDA emergency farm loans because of physical and production losses from the drought that occurred from Feb. 21 through May 14, 2012.
Farmers have eight months to apply for the loans to help cover part of their actual losses. Some of the eligibility requirements are listed below:
• Have suffered at least 30 percent loss of normal production directly related to the above-cited cause.
• Be able to repay the loan and any other loans.
• Be unable to obtain credit elsewhere.
• Have adequate security.
• Have multi-peril crop insurance, if available, and
• Meet other eligibility criteria.
All applicants must complete a certification of disaster losses, which reflects the exact date(s) and nature of the designated disaster and how it caused the loss or damage. Crop insurance field reports may be a source for documenting losses directly related to the cited cause.
Applications should be filed with your FSA Service Center at 2 Sutter Street, Suite C, Red Bluff, CA 96080.