Most Viewed Stories
Man, 82, suffers minor burns in East Nicolaus house fire
An 82-year-old man suffered minor burns on Thursday afternoon during a house fire in East Nicolaus.
Chief Tom Reese of the Pleasant Grove Fire Department said initial reports indicate the house is not going to be a total loss.
The fire was reported after 3 p.m.
The man inside, Joe Krieg, tried to put out the blaze, which started in the fireplace.
He's lived in the home, across the street from East Nicolaus High School, for 55 years.
Crews from the Pleasant Grove Fire Department, Wheatland Fire Authority, Oswald-Tudor Fire Department, Sutter County Fire Department and the East Nicolaus Fire Department responded to the blaze.
The man's son, 48-year-old James Krieg, came to his father's house after getting a call from his brother about the blaze.