Free holiday dinners planned in Yuba-Sutter
Free holiday dinners for people in the community and those in need are planned by several groups in the coming days.
Holiday meals include:
• A meal for the homeless, served by A Hand Up Ministry, is from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday at the River Bottom Church, 1297 Market St. in Yuba City.
Donations sought for the event include camp gear and hams. To make a donation, call Pastor Ron Brasier at 613-2859.
• The 14th annual early Christmas dinner for those in need is from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Saturday at the 10th Street Diner, 718 10th St., Marysville.
The event is co-hosted by the Good Seed Church.
Donations of food, paper and plastic products and wrapped toys — labeled by a recipient's gender and age — can be dropped off between 11 a.m.-3 p.m. and 5 p.m.-8 p.m. at the diner.
For more information, call 743-2000.
• The fourth annual dinner for the needy is from 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Monday at Gary's Place, 130 Ninth St., Marysville.
Volunteers and unwrapped toys are needed; call 749-8580.
• The Twin Cities Rescue Mission is serving a dinner Monday following the Christmas Eve service held at 3 p.m. at 940 14th St., Marysville.
• A Christmas Community Brunch is from 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Tuesday at St. Andrew Presbyterian Church in Yuba City. Doors open at 8:30 a.m.
The event includes Christmas movies, children's crafts activities and coffee.
• The Elks Lodge in Marysville is hosting a post-Christmas meal with turkey on bread from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday at 920 D St., Marysville.
Meals are eat-in only.
For more information, call the Marysville Elks Lodge office at 743-5134.