No-contact order issued against Yuba City man in rape case
A no-contact order was issued Monday against a Yuba City man charged with raping and kidnapping a Sacramento woman at gunpoint earlier this year.
Sarbjit Singh Sandhu is being held at the Sacramento County Jail on $11.3 million bail.
Sandhu, 32, is charged with 10 felony counts including rape, sodomy and kidnapping with intent to commit sexual assault.
Sandhu appeared briefly Monday in Sacramento County Superior Court, but he did not enter a plea, court spokeswoman Ginger Sylvester said.
Judge John Winn appointed the Public Defender's Office to represent Sandhu, Sylvester said.
Winn also ordered Sandhu to have no contact with the alleged victim, a woman said to be in her 20s.
Sandhu was arrested Thursday at his Yuba City home.
Sacramento police said Sandhu and another man, who has not been identified, kidnapped a woman on Jan. 24 in a north Sacramento neighborhood.
Sandhu is due back in court Aug. 22 for a settlement conference and bail review, Sylvester said.
Police are asking for the public's help in identifying the second suspect, but no descriptions have been released.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sacramento Police Department at 916-264-5471 or 916-443-4357. Tips can also be sent via text message to 274637. Enter "SACTIP" followed by the tip information.
Callers may remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
CONTACT Rob Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org or 749-4785. Find him on Facebook at /ADcrimebeat or on Twitter at @ADcrimebeat.