Vaccine eligibility faces changes
The Tehama County Public Health Division has been notified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of a recent policy change for use of federally purchased vaccine.
This new guidance states that as of Oct. 1, this vaccine can no longer be used to vaccinate:
• Anyone whose insurance covers vaccinations.
• Children with Healthy Families insurance.
• Children and adults with health savings accounts.
Children still qualify for low cost immunizations through Tehama County Public Health if they are 18 years of age or younger and:
• Are Medi-Cal or Child Health & Disability Prevention (CHDP) eligible.
• Are uninsured.
• Are American Indian or Alaskan Native.
• Are underinsured (health insurance does not cover immunizations).
Flu vaccine is available for all residents 6 months of age or older, regardless of insurance.
Anyone with questions please contact Tehama County Health Services Agency, Public Health Division in Red Bluff at 527-6824, Corning at 824-4890 or at 1-800-655-6854.