- Our View: Cameras had people seeing red
The Marysville City Council voted 3-2 on Tuesday night against installing red-light cameras on southbound J Street at Fifth Street and on southbound Ramirez Street at East 10th Street.
Had they passed the measure, it would have brought... Full story
- Our View: More details needed on police shooting
- It's estimated some 50 rounds were fired in the early morning hours of April 3 at a downtown Yuba City intersection. No confirmation on that, yet.
It was at a place where some customers were still coming and going from a convenience store, where the... Full story
- Our View: Lowering legal limit won't solve issue
- We're like a lot of people: so adamantly opposed to drunken and drugged driving that we're hesitant to even question any tactic engineered to reduce the calamitous effects.
So here we are, questioning with some trepidation the wisdom of the latest r... Full story
- Camera Survey: Worrisome or worry warts?
- There is a fair amount of angst out there concerning the proliferation and use of surveillance cameras; but almost just as many people think those who worry, worry too much.
Well over 700 respondents told us what they think of surveillance and law-e... Full story
- Our View: Time to grin and bear Marysville’s roadwork
- Prepare to be patient.
Better yet, prepare to change your route in and out of Marysville over the next two years.
In just a couple weeks, grand-scale work will begin to reconstruct major roads through town. It seems to us that plans have been well ... Full story
- Rolling stops? The cameras will get you!
- Do you know what a "California stop" is?
According to comments made in our informal survey about surveillance cameras, that's where you slow way down but don't totally stop if there's no cross-traffic. And it will get you in trouble if there's a sur... Full story
- Our View: Marysville: Lay it all out on the table
- It's a little clumsy for the city of Marysville.
In the midst of a drive for renewal and revitalization via the Bounce Back plan, city government must take up discussions on how to mitigate a significant drop in city revenues. It's an untidy coincid... Full story