Letters to the Editor
- Letter: Mosquito Beach access issues
- A few more thoughts about the Mosquito Beach access cut-off:
Another major issue concerning Mosquito Beach access road, aside from the fact it makes that walk very difficult for some people (elderly, disabled, children, etc.), is security. Yes, they... Full story
- Letter: Thatcher rescued England
- In defense of Margaret Thatcher: She rescued her country from the decades of decline following World War II. Her economic policies came to be known as Thatcherism and were adopted by some 50 other nations. She restored Great Britain to prosperity and... Full story
- Letter: People living here should be citizens
- I am an American, born in America, who came to California and found my home. Anyone wanting to live in America and stay forever in America should be a citizen. And we citizens should stop fighting each other.
We shouldn't have to watch our hard-earn... Full story
- Letter: Calvary Christian Center veterans tribute extraordinary
- For the past 18 or more years, there has been a memorial service presented by Calvary Christian Center of Yuba City, which is the most extraordinary, touching and outstanding contribution to our service men and women who served in the past and to tho... Full story
- Letter: More support for doctor who shows genuine concern
- Recently, a letter to the editor written by Natalie Murphy was published.
After reading this letter, I was very pleased that her feelings about the allegations against Dr. Richard Maddalena were exactly the same as mine. I have been a patient of Dr.... Full story
- Letter: Yuba supervisor backs Yuba City’s China trip
- I am in favor of the China tour, sponsored by Yuba City to enhance trade between China and our area.
Especially encouraging, in this discussion, is the item that Mat Conant (longtime local farmer) has volunteered to go on the trip, to speak for farm... Full story
- Letter: China trip not in taxpayers’ interests
- Re: China trip: It's important that we taxpaying citizens have a voice.
It amazes me that an economic development manager, a Yuba-Sutter Farm Bureau board member, and an elected Yuba City mayor are requesting that the taxpayers pay for their trip to... Full story
- Letter: Gun control is wishful thinking
- Jaspreet Atwal is mistaken if he thinks that stricter laws on gun ownership and federal programs to remove all high powered rifles, assault rifles and automatic weapons (semi automatic?) would reduce guns on the street ("Gun control is needed, April ... Full story
- Letter: Fracking defended
- A recent letter writer wrote about all the scary chemicals used in fracking. Fracking has been used for years in all areas of our country. There is more pushback from environmentalists claiming poisonous chemicals and fearful scenarios from them. We ... Full story
- Letter: Board owes Todd, others a raise
- I have been following with interest the news articles and editorials dealing with Superintendent Gay Todd's salary increase and those of the two assistant superintendents in Marysville.
I can understand how people would feel strongly about this issu... Full story