Letters to the Editor
- Letter: Outraged at Little League
- I am disgusted at the District 2 Little League and its board members for deciding that my daughter's softball team, the Olivehurst Linda Heat (Minors), is not eligible to play TOC's this season. It's an outrage that adult actions are being taken out ... Full story
- Letter: 'Hyphenated Americans' deserve more respect
- Recently, a local veteran of World War II was upset with the A-D. The A-D stated Japanese-Americans were unjustly interned in camps. Because we received restitution (for violation of our civil rights), he felt we received better treatment than he, a ... Full story
- Letter: Not impressed with Sutter North's outsourcing
- I am in full agreement with the letter Gloria Adams submitted in Sunday, May 12th's Appeal-Democrat with regards to Sutter North. I too, have had rotten experiences with Sutter North's new "system."
I called to make an appointment not realizing I wa... Full story
- Letter: Raising children, grace of God
- The influence of a mother on her children in her home cannot be measured. They know and absorb her example and attitudes when it comes to questions of honest, life habits, kindness and hard work.
One of the most difficult jobs in the world is to bri... Full story
- Letter: North Beale roadwork hurting businesses
- The shop I work at is on North Beale Road. We managed to survive the hard times of the last few years, as well as a few others down the street. Today however, we face the new threat of road "beautification" that has blocked access to part, if not all... Full story
- Letter: Support for YES Charter Academy
- I am a parent of a seventh-grader at YES Charter Academy who has attended YES since 2008 while I've served as a garden volunteer and classroom assistant.
My son is the third child we've sent through public schools in northern California. At YES Char... Full story
- Letter: New editor takes part in community
- We came to Marysville in 1951 and immediately purchased a monthly subscription to the Appeal-Democrat, that, by the way, has gone without interruption.
As you can imagine, we have seen many changes both in personnel and format, some for the better, ... Full story
- Letter: Yuba College symphonic band coverage lacking
- I see that again you have featured an upcoming performance by a local group, the Yuba Sutter Symphony, with an article and even photos.
As we all know, the arts in general have a hard time finding support in our schools and communities and you have ... Full story
- Letter: Yuba City's Northgate plans opposed
- The Yuba City City Council is considering purchasing the 800 Northgate Drive building.
A council member stated that it was to provide cheaper rents for fledging businesses. I do not think that our city should be in competition with private enterpris... Full story
- Letter: Elections are background checks
- On April 22, you published a letter from Billy M. Cooper titled "Why not background checks for politicians?" wherein he suggests that, instead of background checks for gun purchases, there should be background checks for politicians.
There are backg... Full story