- Linda P.B. Katehi: A wider, better welcome mat
- As an immigrant and an engineer, I know the magnetic pull that the United States exerts on anyone who dreams of a career in science. From the time I watched NASA technicians on television during the first lunar landing in 1969, I resolved to get the ... Full story
- Thomas Elias: New questions on hydrogen highway
- Significant new questions are cropping up about a California Energy Commission program designed to assure there will be enough hydrogen refueling stations to make buying hydrogen fuel cell cars practical when they debut commercially between 2015 and ... Full story
- Doyle McManus: The second-term scandal plague
- Doyle McManus
- What is it about presidents' second terms that makes them seem so scandal-ridden? Simple: The iron law of longevity. All governments make mistakes, and all governments try to hide those mistakes. But the longer an administration is in office, the mor... Full story
- Ann Coulter: Here's that 'dynamic scoring' you wanted
- Ann Coulter
- The Heritage Foundation recently issued a comprehensive report showing that Sen. Marco Rubio's plan to instantly legalize 11.5 million illegal immigrants would add $6.3 trillion to the nation's budget deficits over the next 50 years. Heritage assumed... Full story
- Thomas Elias: Constitutional crisis over prisons?
- Thomas Elias
- Rarely since the Civil War have state officials anywhere in America been as close to openly defying federal authority as Gov. Jerry Brown and the Legislature are today.
Brown averted a constitutional crisis in mid-May, when he acceded to the demand ... Full story
- David Ignatius: For Syria talks, a beginning at last
- It shouldn't have been this hard, but Secretary of State John Kerry has finally gotten Russia to back the peace plan on Syria that it endorsed in principle last June. This isn't a breakthrough but at least it's a beginning.
What the U.S. and Russia ... Full story
- Ron Hart: From Benghazi to IRS, O-bots abound
- Near the 2012 election, and after bragging about killing bin Laden based on intelligence gained by water-boarding (a tactic he campaigned against), Barack Obama and his O-bots lied to us about Benghazi. O-bots are the many disciples in his administra... Full story
- Analysis: In new era, another try at amnesty
- By Cindy Chang
- LOS ANGELES — In 1986, lawmakers decided the problem of illegal immigration had to be dealt with. More than 3 million people were living in the United States after crossing the border illegally or overstaying their visas.
A new law signed by P... Full story
- Thomas Elias: How much should non-doctors do?
- Thomas Elias
- One thing is certain as California heads for a new health insurance era under the Affordable Health Care Act, better known as Obamacare:
Almost all parts of the state will need more medical professionals to serve the additional 2 million to 4 millio... Full story
- Ann Coulter: Beware of liberals in evangelicals' clothing
- Ann Coulter
- Every few months since at least 2006, The New York Times takes time out from brow-beating Evangelicals to praise them for supporting amnesty for illegal aliens.
Most of the "Evangelicals" the Times cites are liberal frauds, far from "unlikely allies... Full story