- Letter: McAllister's claims challenged
- Have you seen the latest misleading political ad that attempts to deceive Yuba County voters into believing that Courtney McAlister is a champion of public safety and responsible for bringing more than $400 million of levee improvements to Yuba Count... Full story
- Letter: Prop. 28 another bait and switch
- As ballots are all ready being returned, I hope voters will take a long look at Prop. 28. The Prop, if approved, would allow a state senator or representative to serve 12 consecutive years prior to "limiting out." This would cripple the term limits w... Full story
- Letter: Don't elect stealth candidates
- I recently received a pamphlet containing local candidate's responses to questions put forth by a local group, very interesting. It was quite informative as it had only "yes," "no" and "refuse to answer" responses to check.
I can understand why some... Full story
- Letter: Ramirez will serve the people
- Rory Ramirez happens to be my brother-in-law. I have known Rory for 37 years. I have gotten to know him very well on many different levels.
Rory and his wife, Carol, were there for me when my wife recently passed away from cancer.
While Rory served... Full story
- Letter: Wirtschafter has strong character
- I am writing this letter in support and endorsement for Ben Wirtschafter for Yuba County Superior Court judge. Based on my 48 years of experience in the criminal justice system as a resident of Yuba County, I can attest to Ben's qualifications and pr... Full story
- Letter: Carrion has the experience
- "Information is not knowledge, the only source of knowledge is experience" — Albert Einstein.
The position of Superior Court judge is, above all else, that of a public servant. Al Carrion, with more than 40 years of experience practicing law, ... Full story
- Letter: Educator backs Heckman
- I support Sarah Heckman for Sutter Superior Court judge. As an athletic director, teacher and coach for Sutter Union High School for more than 20 years, I have had a great opportunity to help mold the development of our youth, and have had the pleasu... Full story
- Letter: Even independents should vote
- California's secretary of state needs to do more for independent voters.
Due to redistricting and open primary initiatives, California has a whole new election system. On Tuesday, all voters can take part, whether they're registered with a political... Full story
- Letter: Garamendi knows agriculture
- Farmers in Yuba-Sutter have the opportunity to elect a man to Congress who truly understands the importance of agriculture to our region. Time and again, John Garamendi has demonstrated his commitment to passing legislation to benefit farmers and ran... Full story
- Letter: Ramirez has proven leadership
- I am serving as a Yuba City Planning Commissioner and have served on the Local Agency Formation Commission. I have had the pleasure of knowing Rory Ramirez and his wife, Carol, for many years. They are a dynamic team who, when you get one, you get bo... Full story