The Appeal-Democrat publishes political letters to the editor that follow these guidelines:
• Keep it short, 250 words or less.
• The deadline for political letters prior to the November election is Sunday, Oct. 28. We strive to print all political letters we receive, but publication is not guaranteed.
• Letters should be factually accurate and reflect the original thoughts of a single writer. Readers are permitted one letter per race.
• We reserve the right to edit all letters for length, libel, clarity, accuracy, grammar and punctuation. No name-calling, unsubstantiated allegations or personal attacks — period.
• For verification, please include your full name, signature, full address and daytime telephone number.