Cuban – Style Grilled Beef & Potato Salad is from Beef It’s What’s For Dinner.
Makes four servings.
Time 30 minutes.
- 1 beef Top Round Steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 – /2 pounds).
- 1 – 1/2 pounds medium unpeeled potatoes (about 2 – 1/2 inch diameter), such as yellow flesh or round reds.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin.
- 3/4 cup prepared white wine vinaigrette
- 2 cans (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
1. Cut potatoes crosswise in half; place in microwave-safe dish with 1 cup water. Cover and microwave on HIGH 10 to 14 minutes or until almost tender, rearranging once. Immediately rinse under cold running water; drain well in colander.
2. Meanwhile, combine cumin and salt and pepper, as desired; press evenly onto beef Top Round Steak. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill covered, 12 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145’F) doneness, turning occasionally. Do not overcook.
3. About 5 minutes before steak is done, brush potatoes with some vinaigrette. Place on grid around steak. Grill 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
4. Combine potatoes, beans, cilantro and remaining vinaigrette in large bowl; toss gently. Carve steak into thin slices. Top potato salad with beef. Serve immediately.