Easy Pot Roast in a crock pot, from Siskiyou County CattleWoman Tara Porterfield.
- 3.5 lb beef roast – chuck or rump roast is great.
- 1 packet onion soup mix.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup.
- 1 cup water.
- Cover roast with ground pepper.
1. Place in slow roaster such as crock pot.
2. Mix soup mixes and water in a small bowl. Pour over meat in crock pot. Cover.
3. Cook 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
4. This will create a tender meat with delicious gravy for a healthy dinner for four to six people.
5. Add mashed potatoes and a green salad to complete the meal. Serve a medium red wine, such as a merlot or zinfandel to complement the beef.