Flash in the Pan Stir-Fry was a category winner in the 2011 National Beef Cook-Off.
Makes 4 servings.
Total preparation and cooking time: 35 minutes.
ν 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
ν 1 cup uncooked whole grain brown rice
ν 1/4 cup orange marmalade
ν 14 teaspoons Asian chili-garlic sauce
ν 1/2 teaspoon salt
ν 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
ν 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut into strips
ν 1 medium onion, cut into thin slices
ν 1/2 pound fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-1/4 inch pieces
1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside; keep warm.
2. Combine orange marmalade, chili-garlic sauce and salt in small bowl; set aside.
3. Cut beef lengthwise in half, then crosswise into nch thick strips.
4. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
5. In same skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium- high heat until hot. Stir-fry bell peppers and onion 2 to 3 minutes. Add asparagus; stir-fry 1 minutes. Add beef and orange marmalade mixture; cook and stir 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice.