Grilled T-Bone Steaks with BBQ Rub from Beefitswhatsfordinner.com.
Makes 4 servings.
Total recipe time: 25 minutes.
- 2 to 4 beef T-Bone or Porterhouse Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 to 4 pounds).
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Combine BBQ Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
2. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145’F) to medium (160’f) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove bones and carve steaks into slices, if desired. Season with salt, as desired.
Cook’s tip: To broil, place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.