Holiday Beef Crescents from beefitswhatsfordinner.com.
Makes 36 appetizers.
Total preparation and cooking time: 1 hour.
- 1 pound 95 percent lean ground beef.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded jalapeño pepper cheese or Monterey Jack cheese.
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries.
- 2 tablespoons apple juice.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin.
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1-1/2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie crusts (3 crusts) or 4-1/2 cans of crescent rolls (36 wedges).
- 1 egg, slightly beaten.
- 1 teaspoon water.
1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Brown ground beef in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings. Stir in cheese, cherries, juice, cumin and garlic powder, set aside.
2. Cut each pie crust into 12 wedges. Place 1 packed, rounded tablespoon beef mixture on wide end of each wedge. Beginning at wide ends, roll up wedges; curve ends to form crescents. Place 1 inch apart on 2 greased baking sheets.
3. Combine egg and water in small bowl. Lightly brush over tops of crescents. Bake in 400ºF oven 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Cooking Tip: To make crescents ahead, prepare and bake as directed; cool. Wrap tightly, freeze for up to two weeks. To reheat, place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake in 350ºF oven 12 to 13 minutes or until heated.