One Pot Lasagna Pasta from Beef It’s What’s For Dinner.
Makes six servings.
Preparation and cooking time: 50 minutes.
- 1 pound ground beef (93 percent lean or leaner).
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups).
- 1 jar (24 to 26 ounces) garden-style pasta sauce.
- 2 cups water.
- 6 ounces uncooked mini bow tie (farfalle) pasta (about 2 – 1/8 cups).
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 2/3 cup reduced – fat ricotta cheese.
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Thinly sliced or chopped fresh basil.
1. Preheat oven to 375’F. Heat ovenproof 5 to 6 quart Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and zucchini; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in pasta sauce, water and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta. Spoon heaping teaspoons ricotta cheese over top of sauce. Slightly swirl ricotta into sauce, not mixing in completely.
3. Cover and bake in 375’F oven 10 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with basil before serving.