– The Maywood Women’s Club, 902 Marin St., will be holding a Veterans Day Yard and Bake Sale from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Items for sale include housewares, fabric and sewing notions, Christmas decorations, clothes, and numerous baked goods. Sale item and monetary donations are currently being accepted. For more information, call 586-0799.
– The Annual Veterans Day Parade in Corning will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. The parade will be followed by a lunch at the Corning Veterans Memorial Hall, 1620 Solano St.
Entries are currently being accepted until Friday, Nov. 10. For more information or to enter into the parade, please call 824-5957 from 8 a.m.-12 p.m., Tuesday through Friday.
– The Corning Patriots would like to invite everyone to their meeting at 6 p.m. today at the Corning Veterans Memorial Hall, 1620 Solano St. Guest speaker John Cox, candidate for California governor in 2018, will be in attendance.
– The Corning Christian Assistance, 710 Fourth St., is currently accepting donations to help feed families in need during Thanksgiving. For a simple $20 contribution, you can help to feed a family of four or more. Donations can be mailed into P.O. Box 872, Corning, CA 96021, or given at the Corning Christian Assistance from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. on Mondays, or through the Corning Chamber of Commerce, 1110 Solano St., from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, until Nov. 19. For more information please contact Willie Smith at 824-5550.
– The Corning Chamber of Commerce is now accepting applications for the 2017 Hometown Christmas Lighted Parade, to be held at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 2. Cost is $20 per entry. Applications can be picked up at the Chamber office, 1110 Solano Street, or online at www.corningcachamber.org. Submissions must be returned to the Chamber office by Wednesday, Nov. 22. For more information, contact the Corning Chamber of Commerce at 824-5550 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.