– Alford “Don” Knight, age 83, died peacefully surrounded by family on Nov. 21. Graveside services were at Sunset Hills Cemetery Wednesday.
– The Corning Volunteer Fire Department, 814 Fifth St., will be holding its annual Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser from 4 p.m.- 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 2. Cost is $5 per person. All proceeds from this event will be donated to the students at Rancho Tehama Elementary School.
– Java Lanes, 2075 Solano St., will be hosting the Annual Corning Youth Bowlers’ Pancake Breakfast from 7 until 11 a.m. on Saturday, December 2. Cost is $5 per person with children ages 6 and under costing $3. All proceeds benefit the Corning Youth Bowlers. For more information, call 824-3500.
– The VFW Post #4218 Auxiliary will be hosting the Annual Holiday Craft Fair at the Corning Veterans Memorial Hall, 1620 Solano Street, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on Friday, and 8 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturday. Shop for holiday gifts from many vendors including Scentsy and Pampered Chef. A 50/50 drawing will be available. The kitchen will be open both days as well. For more information, call 824-5957.
– Dignity Health and Picture Day Photography, 1600 Solano St. Suite F, will be hosting Pictures with Santa Claus from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturday. Each family will receive one free photograph with Santa Claus. Order forms for additional photos will be available, and can be purchased for an additional cost.
– The Corning Chamber of Commerce will host the 2017 Hometown Christmas Lighted Parade, to be held at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 2. Lighting of the town Christmas tree to follow. Entries for the Lighted House Contest and Business Window Competition are also being accepted. Applications can be picked up at the Chamber office, 1110 Solano St., or online at www.corningcachamber.org. For more information, contact the Corning Chamber of Commerce at 824-5550 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.