– The Corning Senior Center, 1015 Fourth Ave., will be holding a Paint n’ Nibble at
1 p.m. Sunday. Appetizers and finger foods will be available to enjoy. Ticket cost is $35 per person. For ticket sales and information, call Karen Burnett at 592-8683.
– The Corning American Legion Post 45 is getting ready for their third Annual Olive Festival Dinner and Dance at the Corning Veterans Memorial Hall, 1620 Solano St. from 6 p.m.-11 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 30.
The menu includes a stuffed pork loin and sides catered by Ranchers Meats and Deli. A no host beer and wine bar will be available. Live music performed by Thunder Mountain Music. Ticket cost is $30 per person in advance and $35 at the door. For advance ticket sales, call John at 209-3415 or stop by the Corning Chamber of Commerce.
– The Corning Elementary Education Foundation would like to invite you to attend the 2017 District Carnival at West Street School, 900 West St. in Corning, from 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. on Monday.
Activities include a cake walk, games, prizes, bounce house, raffles, balloons, and various food items. All are welcome.
– Xi Mu Chi Bunco Night will be held at the Corning Senior Center, 1015 Fourth Ave., at 6:30 p.m. on Monday. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and tri-tip sandwiches for sale at $5 each.
Bunco ticket cost is $10 per person and can be purchased from Xi Mu Chi members or at the door. For more information contact Linda Johnson at 586-0759 and Colleen Amaral 824-0516.
– The Corning Chamber of Commerce is currently selling raffle tickets for a drawing to be held at 3 p.m. at the 2017 Corning Olive Festival and Car Show. Cost is $2 per ticket and can be purchased at the Corning Chamber of Commerce and various locations throughout the Corning community. A few of the prizes included in the drawing are $500 cash, a 60” Vizio Television, 4-piece patio set, one-day fly fishing trip for two all valued at $500 or more along with a series of other wonderful prizes.
All items have been donated by local businesses from our community. For more information on ticket sales and where to purchase, contact the Corning Chamber of Commerce at 824-5550.
nThe Corning Chamber of Commerce would like to announce that there will be a free shuttle service for the 2017 Olive Festival and Car Show from 8:30 a.m.-:30 p.m. on Saturday Oct. 7. Trax bus pick up and drop off locations will run approximately every 20 minutes and include the Olive Pit, 2156 Solano St., and Lucero Olive Oil, 2120 Loleta Ave.
– The Corning Chamber of Commerce is getting ready for the 2017 Corning Olive Festival and Car Show on Oct. 6 and 7, at the Corning Community Park. A week’s worth of activities will lead up to the event. Vendor applications, parade applications, barbeque competition forms, and car show entry forms are now available at the Chamber office. Advertising and Event Sponsorships are also available.
For more information on how you can participate, contact the Corning Chamber of Commerce by calling 824-5550 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.