The Glenn County Elementary Track and Field Meet will be on Friday at the Orland High School track, according to a press release.
The event is sponsored by the Glenn County Office of Education and all Glenn County elementary and middle schools have been invited to attend.
The meet will begin with an orientation at 9 a.m. and the field events (softball throw, long jump, sit ups and shot put) will take place in the morning and end at noon.
Running events will continue until approximately 1:30 p.m.
Below is an approximate schedule for the running events at the meet:
- 9:30 a.m. – Boys and girls one-mile run.
- 10:10 a.m. – Boys and girls 200-meter run.
- 10:30 a.m. – Boys and girls 800-meter run.
- 11 a.m. – Boys and girls 100-meter run.
- 11:30 a.m. – Boys and girls 400-meter run.
- Noon – Boys and girls 50-meter run.
- 12:45 p.m. – Boys and girls 4x100-meter relays.
- 1:30 p.m. – End of meet.
The Orland High Snack Shack will be open to spectators and participants during the track meet with proceeds benefiting the school.
For more information, contact Cinnamin Morton at firstname.lastname@example.org.