– Poet and memoirist Marcelo Hernandez Castillo will host a conversation with poets, artists, thinkers and other creative minds from the nation and world at 5 p.m. on the Yuba Sutter Arts & Culture Facebook page and YouTube channel. The salon-style talks will take on unique themes of art, life and writing for each session, allowing guests to share their creative process and original work.
– The Sutter County Museum will host its Certified Farmers Market from 3:30-6:30 p.m. at 1333 Butte House Road, Yuba City. Facial coverings are required. For more information, visit www.suttercounty.org the Sutter County Museum Facebook page.
– The Arbuckle Farmers Market, hosted by the Arbuckle Revitalization Committee, will be open at LaVanche Hursch Park, 308 Fifth St, from 4-7 p.m. Each Wednesday through Aug. 11, the market will be offering fresh, locally grown fruits and vegetables, cut flowers, nuts, eggs, olive oil, meat, hand-made crafts and community information. A weekly meal provided by Market Street Grill will also be available for purchase. For more information, visit the Arbuckle Revitalization Committee’s Facebook page.
– The Live Oak City Council will meet in the City Council Chambers, 9955 Live Oak Boulevard, Live Oak, starting at 6 p.m. For more information or to view the agenda, visit www.liveoakcity.org.
– The Regional Housing Authority’s Board of Commissioners will meet via Zoom, starting at 4 p.m.
– The Sutter County Planning Commission meeting has been canceled. The next regular meeting is scheduled on Aug. 18 at 6 p.m.
– The Board of Trustees of Reclamation District Number 70 will hold its monthly board meeting in the Reclamation District office, 1138 4th St., Meridian, starting at 9:30 a.m.
– The Yuba County Children’s Wellness & Child Abuse Prevention Council will hold a meeting via Zoom, starting at 8 a.m. To access the meeting, visit https://tinyurl.com/p9wkc5fv and enter meeting ID: 821 9977 5747 and passcode: 203008. For more information, contact Carmen Rodriguez at 749-4961.
– The Yuba City Senior Commission will hold a meeting at the Yuba City Senior Center, 777 Ainsley Avenue, Yuba City, starting at 9 a.m. For more information or to view the agenda, visit www.yubacity.net.
SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS
– Al-Anon will meet from 10-11 a.m. at The Bride Church, 1321 Peach Tree Lane, Yuba City. For more information, call 334-6734.
– Yuba Sutter Arts & Culture’s musician-in-residence Tom Galvin will host a virtual open mic event at 6 p.m. via Zoom. The event will include poets, writers and presenters as well as opportunities for audience participation. Join the event by visiting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85327385183.
– The Sutter County Democratic Central Committee will hold their monthly meeting via Zoom, starting at 7 p.m. To receive the Zoom link, text or call 933-6208. There are membership openings in local district areas.
We hope you find this daily calendar of local events helpful. You can help by notifying us of any events that should be listed for the general public. Email us at ADnewsroom@appealdemocrat.com or call 749-6552 Please make sure to provide contact information. Thanks!
(Are you a club or organization that meets regularly? We can include that ... let us know.)