– The Yuba County Community Services Commission Board will hold a meeting at the Yuba County Government Center, 915 Eighth St., Marysville, starting at 3 p.m. For more information, call the Yuba-Sutter Economic Development Corporation at 530-751-8555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The Yuba City Unified School District Governing Board will hold a meeting in the boardroom at the District office, 750 Palora Ave., Yuba City, starting at 6 p.m. The meeting will also be accessible via Zoom. For more information or to view the agenda, visit www.ycusd.org.
– The Sutter County Board of Supervisors will hold a meeting in the board chambers at City Hall, 1201 Civic Center Blvd., Yuba City, starting at 3 p.m. For more information or to view the agenda, visit www.suttercounty.org.
– The Yuba County Board of Supervisors will hold a meeting in the board chambers at the Yuba County Government Center, 915 Eighth St., Marysville, starting at 9 a.m. For more information or to view the agenda, visit www.co.yuba.ca.us.
– The Yuba Community College District Board of Trustees will hold a meeting in the boardroom at the Yuba Community College District, 425 Plumas St., Rooms 201 & 202, Yuba City, and the Lake County Campus, 15880 Dam Road Ext, Room 115A, Clearlake, starting at 4 p.m. For more information or to view the agenda, visit www.yccd.edu.
– CANCELED: The Williams Unified School District Board of Trustees has been canceled and rescheduled to Thursday, Sept. 8, starting at 5 p.m. For more information or to view the agenda, visit www.williamsusd.net.
– CONTINUED: The Sutter Community Affordable Housing Board meeting has been continued to Aug. 23, starting at noon. For more information, call 530-671-0220.
SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS
– Al-Anon Twin Cities will meet from 7-8:30 p.m. at The Bride Church, 1321 Peach Tree Lane, Yuba City. For more information, call 334-6734.
– New Beginnings Codependents Anonymous will meet at 7 p.m. at Cornerstone Community Church, 700 Washington Ave., Yuba City. For more information, call 530-275-1478.
– Gamblers Anonymous will hold a weekly meeting at St. Andrew Presbyterian Church, 1390 Franklin Road, Room C, Yuba City, from 7-8:30 p.m. This is an “open” meeting and masks are required to attend.
– The Parents of Addicted Loved Ones support group will hold a meeting at Adventure Church of Yuba City, 876 W. Onstott Frontage Road, Yuba City, from 6:30-8 p.m. Zoom invites are also available for those that are interested. For more information, call Adventure Church Yuba City at 530-822-9216.
– Take off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) will meet at Yuba County Health & Human Services, 5730 Packard St., Suite 100, Marysville. Weigh in begins at 10 a.m. and the meeting will start at 11 a.m. For more information, call 530-742-7013.
– The Yuba City Early Risers Kiwanis Club will meet at 6:45 a.m. at Carmine’s, 229 Clark Ave., Yuba City. The club meets every Tuesday morning.
– Good Vibrations Square Dance Club will meet at the Marysville Veterans Memorial Center, 211 17th St., Marysville from 6:30-9 p.m. Come to learn how to social square dance. The group will meet every Tuesday. For more information, visit https://asdsc.org.
– Join Yuba Sutter Arts & Culture as they start their Annual Members’ Meeting off with a social “thank you” in the Sutter Theater followed by voting for a new slate of officers and a special presentation about the past year’s accomplishments and a look at what’s ahead. All are welcome, but members only are allowed to vote. The meeting will be held at Sutter Theater Center for the Arts, 754 Plumas St. in Yuba City. The social hour starts at 5 p.m. and the meeting will begin at 6 p.m. For more information, call 530-742-2787.
– The Olivehurst Public Utility District Board of Directors will hold a meeting via Zoom, starting at 7 p.m. For more information or to view the agenda, visit www.opud.org/board-meetings.
SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS
– The Dementia and Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group will hold a meeting in the Fireside Room located next to the First Presbyterian Church, 326 Jay St., Colusa, from 10-11:30 a.m. The meetings are confidential and are open to all that are interested. Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center will be speaking at 10 a.m. The mission of the Resource Center is to improve the wellbeing of unpaid family or informal caregivers. The free service offers education, training, referrals, respite care, counseling and legal/financial consulting. For more information, call 530-458-5231.
– Al-Anon will meet from 10-11 a.m. at The Bride Church, 1321 Peach Tree Lane, Yuba City. For more information, call 334-6734.
– Valley Quilt Guild will hold a meeting at Gray Avenue Christian Church, 1524 Gray Ave., Yuba City. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. For More information, visit www.valleyquiltguild.com.
We hope you find this daily calendar of local events helpful. You can help by notifying us of any events that should be listed for the general public. Email us at ADnewsroom@appealdemocrat.com or call 749-6552 Please make sure to provide contact information. Thanks!
(Are you a club or organization that meets regularly? We can include that ... let us know.)