The following events have been reported to us by organizers or have been taken from websites. As far as we know, these events are still set to continue as planned. If an event has been canceled due to the coronavirus, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Yuba City Planning Commission will have a teleconference meeting at 6 p.m. The meeting will be conducted over the telephone and members of the public can join the teleconference meeting toll-free at +1-866-901-6455 or +1-562-247-8421 with the access code 865-827-572. Comments can be emailed before the meeting or before the hearing is closed on the agenda item to the secretary of the commission at email@example.com. The secretary will read comments aloud. When submitting comments identify the agenda item you wish to address in your comments. For more information, visit www.yubacity.net.
– Wheatland Community Blood Drive will be from 1-5 p.m. on the bloodmobile in the Wheatland Union High School parking lot, 1010 Wheatland Road, Wheatland. It’s asked that people bring a photo ID and eat and drink well prior to donation. Those who donate will get a California Bear Blood Donor T-shirt. Appointments are not required but are encouraged. To make an appointment, call Vitalant at 893-5433.
– Al-Anon Wednesday AFT will be from 10-11 a.m. at The Bride Church, 1321 Peach Tree Lane, Yuba City. For more information, call 334-6734.
– The Colusa County Democratic Central Committee will be holding their monthly meeting online due to the coronavirus pandemic. Using Zoom, the meeting will start at 6:30 p.m. and include a short presentation from Joe Armenta of the California Democratic Party about the 2020 Coordinated Campaign. To join the video, visit https://zoom.us/j/3167731282 from your computer or smartphone. To join the meeting with audio only, call 669-900-9128 and enter meeting ID 316 773 1282. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or message the Colusa County Democratic Central Committee’s Facebook page.
– Sutter County Public Works Support Services Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. at 1160 Civic Center Blvd., Yuba City.
– Colusa Unified School District Special Board meeting will be held on Zoom at 4 p.m. To join the meeting, use meeting ID 965 389 567 and password 072973.
CANCELLATIONS AND CLOSURES
The following is a list of events that have been reported as canceled or postponed, along with some notices regarding closures. If you are involved in organizing an upcoming event, which has been canceled or postponed, let us know by emailing ADnewsroom@appealdemocrat.com.
– Most Yuba County government facilities are closed to the public until further notice. For more information, visit www.yuba.org.
– Wheatland City Hall will be closed until further notice. Staff will be available by phone Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at 633-2761.
–Sutter County offices will be closed until further notice.
– Williams city offices will be closed until further notice.
–Live Oak City Hall will be closed to the public from now until Friday, April 10. Council meetings will be held online and individuals can call in. For more information, visit https://www.liveoakcity.org/.
–Yuba City will be reducing service levels to essential services only. City Hall, the police lobby and fire stations and administration building on Clark Avenue will be closed to the public. For more information, visit www.yubacity.net.
– Yuba-Sutter Chamber of Commerce will be closed and working remotely until April 10 or as otherwise directed by county, state or federal officials. All of their events, programs and public meetings have been canceled as well. For more information, contact Marni Sanders at 743-6501.
– California State Parks temporarily closes all campgrounds in the state park system, however, non-campground outdoor areas of parks, such as trails and beaches will remain open. Visitors will be reminded to practice social distancing and be at least six feet between other visitors while they’re visiting these non-campground outdoor areas of parks. For more information, visit http://www.oesnews.com/california-state-parks-temporarily-closes-all-campgrounds-in-the-state-park-system/.
– N.U. Generations Lanes will be closed until further notice. For more information and updates, visit their Facebook page.
– Yuba College will be closed to visitors, however, at this time only students, faculty, staff, vendors, contractors and delivery services are permitted to be on the premises. Until March 27 students can access the Learning Resource Center (LRC), Food Pantry, Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS), Veterans Resource Center (VRC) and Health Services. Tutoring and Student Services will be remote during this time. For more information, visit yc.yccd.edu.
– Yuba Sutter Mall will be temporarily closed. The mall is estimated to reopen April 1. For latest updates, visit their Facebook page and https://www.shopyubasuttermall.com/covid-19/.
–Yuba City Senior Center is closed until further notice.
–The Museum of the Forgotten Warriors will be closed throughout March. The museum will reassess at the beginning of April. For more information, visit https://www.museumoftheforgottenwarriors.org/.
–Sutter County Museum will be closed until further notice In the meantime, the museum will have their gift shop open virtually through Facebook, where they will be selling books they have in their gift shop. Folks can call to pay and the museum will ship the books. For more information and updates on when the museum will open sign up for the museum’s e-newsletter at www.suttercountymuseum.org.
– The Wheatland History Museum will be closed until further notice.
– The California Department of Fish and Wildlife will temporarily close areas that have high-public use, such as visitor centers and license counters. The temporary closure is to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Some business functions will continue, however may be modified. For more information, visit wildlife.ca.gov.
– Sutter County Library will be closed beginning Tuesday, March 17, until further notice.
– Yuba County Library will be closed beginning Tuesday, March 17, until further notice. All of the programs, event classes and community meeting room at the library have been canceled.
– Starting Monday, March 16, the UC Cooperative Extension announced all visitors, including program clientele, volunteers, contractors and consultants will not have access to the building/site, however, unless specifically approved in advanced by the UC ANR location/site director (Whitney Brim-DeForest).
– The Yuba-Sutter Household Hazardous Waste Facility and Reuse Center, 134 Burns Drive, Yuba City, will be temporarily closed until further notice. This facility is owned by the Regional Waste Management Authority and operated by Recology Yuba-Sutter. For more information, visit www.recology.com/recology-yuba-sutter/.
CANCELED AND POSTPONED EVENTS
– All Yuba Sutter Arts events and programs have been postponed until further notice. For more information, follow Yuba Sutter Arts on Facebook for further developments.
– All Yuba City recreation events have been canceled until Monday, April 13.
– The Sutter County Museum is cancelling all public programs until March 31. Events at the Sutter County Library have been canceled until March 31.
– All events at the Yuba-Sutter Fairgrounds have been canceled for the month of March.
– Workshops at the Sutter County One Stop have been canceled beginning Tuesday, March 17, through Monday, April 13. Sutter County One Stop will remain open, but request visitors to call the office prior to visiting at 822-5120 ext. 3068.
– The Acting Company’s production of “Ah Wilderness!” has been postponed until May. For more information, call 751-1100.
Wednesday, March 25:
– Art Night at River Valley High School has been canceled. For more information, contact email@example.com.
– City of Marysville Planning and Historic Preservation Commission meetings have been postponed until further notice.
Thursday, March 26:
– Songwriter Workshop at Yuba Sutter Arts has been postponed. For more information, call 742-2787.
Friday, March 27:
– Business Connection Breakfast at Peach Tree Golf & County Club has been postponed. For more information, contact Jacki Lee at 743-3497.
Tuesday, March 31:
– UC Cooperative Extension will postpone their Winter Nitrogen Management in Wheat. All UCCE events that are scheduled through April 3 will be postponed. For more information, contact Sarah Light at 822-4715.
Wednesday, April 8:
– “Reveling by the River,” hosted by the e Center, has been canceled.
Saturday, April 25:
– The Yuba-Sutter-Colusa United Way has rescheduled the 21st Annual “An Elegant Soirée” for Saturday, Aug. 22 at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain. For more information or to purchase tickets or sponsor, call the Yuba-Sutter-Colusa United Way office at 743-1847 or visit their website at www.yscunitedway.org.