I’m glad to see that Sutter and Yuba county are having new businesses coming in; the only thing is we don’t need another 7-Eleven, gas station, cell phone store, massage place, fast-food restaurant or a 50th Starbucks. What is badly needed in this area are decent shops and department stores. I usually have to go to Chico or Roseville to shop. They replaced Forever 21 with Smart and Final, which lasted maybe a year? We lost Gottschalk’s and Mervyns years ago. JC Penney is now like shopping for clothes at a thrift store, same with Walmart. Old Navy would be a perfect fit for the empty Sears or Smart and Final building. It’s a family store with clothes from infants to adults. A TJ Maxx or Trader Joe’s would be nice as well. Hopefully, in the near future, stores like this will be built.
Write us and share your views
We publish letters to the editor that follow these guidelines:
• 400 words or less.
• We reserve the right to edit all letters for length, libel, clarity, accuracy, grammar and punctuation.
• Include your name, signature, street address and telephone number.
• The full text of our guidelines is at www.appealdemocrat.com.
• Email: ADLetters@appealdemocrat.com
• Mail: The Open Forum, 1530 Ellis Lake Drive, Marysville, CA 95901.
• Online: www.appealdemocrat.com.