A December 19 Facebook post stated there were only 133 million registered voters in the U.S. for the November 2020 election so if Trump received 74 million votes, Biden could not have won with 81 million votes. This was false.
If we add up the number of registered voters in all 50 states around the time of the November election, it is approximately 213 million, not 133 million, so Biden easily won. Also, Biden received 306 electoral votes. Trump received only 232 electoral votes. Biden won. Trump lost. Case closed. Can we move on?
Write us and share your views
We publish letters to the editor that follow these guidelines:
• 400 words or less.
• We reserve the right to edit all letters for length, libel, clarity, accuracy, grammar and punctuation.
• Include your name, signature, street address and telephone number.
• The full text of our guidelines is at www.appealdemocrat.com.
• Email: ADLetters@appealdemocrat.com
• Mail: The Open Forum, 1530 Ellis Lake Drive, Marysville, CA 95901.
• Online: www.appealdemocrat.com.