What’s another name for the word innuendo? The term that comes to my mind is “sucker punch.” That’s where you hit someone where they have no opportunity to defend themselves. As a minister, I am privy to a lot of very personal information about people. If I had a grudge against someone, and was angry enough to distort the truth, I could really damage their reputation. But I try not to do so. When it comes to innuendo, I like to do a word play. What bad behavior you accuse someone of is “in the end what you do.” Sadly, the accuser counts on the fact that the person they accuse has too much good character to defend themselves or strike back in kind. BTW Did I forget to tell you about what this other minister did…? Yes, it is an epidemic in our country, nowadays! So, stick to first-hand info and make sure you trust the source.
Pastor Berni Fricke,
Faith Lutheran Church
Write us and share your views
We publish letters to the editor that follow these guidelines:
• 400 words or less.
• We reserve the right to edit all letters for length, libel, clarity, accuracy, grammar and punctuation.
• Include your name, signature, street address and telephone number.
• The full text of our guidelines is at www.appealdemocrat.com.
• Email: ADLetters@appealdemocrat.com
• Mail: The Open Forum, 1530 Ellis Lake Drive, Marysville, CA 95901.
• Online: www.appealdemocrat.com.