We are into Winter now, and the leaves are falling off the trees. Now we can see where there are mistletoe parasites growing on trees all around the Linda area.
The arborists report that the only way to control the spread of mistletoe is by communal cooperation.
Perhaps the county could place a notice in the land taxes asking the owners to either cut off the mistletoe parasite or cut down the trees which have become infested with mistletoe.
Herman W. Von Borstel,
Write us and share your views
We publish letters to the editor that follow these guidelines:
• 400 words or less.
• We reserve the right to edit all letters for length, libel, clarity, accuracy, grammar and punctuation.
• Include your name, signature, street address and telephone number.
• The full text of our guidelines is at www.appealdemocrat.com.
• Email: ADLetters@appealdemocrat.com
• Mail: The Open Forum, 1530 Ellis Lake Drive, Marysville, CA 95901.
• Online: www.appealdemocrat.com.