I am the wife of a disabled veteran and just learned through your paper that the Veterans Day Parade has been cancelled, however the Christmas Parade will be held.
One reason I was told was that most people that attend the Veterans parade are older. That, I feel, is not true as, having attended the Christmas Parade for many years, there are a large amount of people that are older and probably take grandchildren.
I’m not saying to cancel the Christmas Parade, but would like an explanation as to what the difference is.
Write us and share your views
We publish letters to the editor that follow these guidelines:
• 400 words or less.
• We reserve the right to edit all letters for length, libel, clarity, accuracy, grammar and punctuation.
• Include your name, signature, street address and telephone number.
• The full text of our guidelines is at www.appealdemocrat.com.
• Email: ADLetters@appealdemocrat.com
• Mail: The Open Forum, 1530 Ellis Lake Drive, Marysville, CA 95901.
• Online: www.appealdemocrat.com.