“We’re not going to let this President pick another Supreme Court Justice.” Mitch McConnell’s words when he refused, for nine months, to give President Obama’s selection, Merrick Garland, a hearing. Our Constitution doesn’t give the Senate leader the authority to do this. Hence, the Supreme Court has been packed with conservatives. Republicans have adulterated the highest court in the land.
Now, Republicans are trying to overturn a presidential election, which Democrats won by over seven million votes. If they’re successful, our Republic is finished. What’s already evident is that the party of Lincoln has become the part of Jefferson Davis or worse. Political power is all that matters to these people. Period.
Write us and share your views
We publish letters to the editor that follow these guidelines:
• 400 words or less.
• We reserve the right to edit all letters for length, libel, clarity, accuracy, grammar and punctuation.
• Include your name, signature, street address and telephone number.
• The full text of our guidelines is at www.appealdemocrat.com.
• Email: ADLetters@appealdemocrat.com
• Mail: The Open Forum, 1530 Ellis Lake Drive, Marysville, CA 95901.
• Online: www.appealdemocrat.com.